Ed & Friends takes a different tone this week as Ed talks to his friend and cousin Sgt. James Russell, and while they talk about life in the US Military, the subject inevitably turns to tomorrow’s Presidential election.
Ed asks how a soldier reacts to Presidential candidates that evoke the military in their campaigns, whether they are bending the facts to aid their campaign or disrespecting the families of fallen soldiers. Jim, a man that does not waste his words, gives Ed his views on Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and the duty of a soldier.
And in the spirit of clarity, here are some links to some of the topics Ed and Jim discuss in their interview.
- Hillary Clinton’s claims about arriving under fire in Bosnia, as recalled by The Washington Post
- The complete speech made by Khizr and Ghazala Khan, father and mother of Capt. Humayun Khan, at the 2016 Democratic National Convention
- Donald Trump’s response to speech by Khizr and Ghazala Khan, as reported by CNN
- Donald Trump’s interview on The Hugh Hewitt Show where he is challenged on his foreign policy, which includes his claim that he “would be so good at the military, your head will spin” about 2m55s in to the clip.
- Donald Trump’s claim that John McCain was not a war hero because he was a captured by the enemy as reported by The Washington Post.
- The reaction to Donald Trump’s comments about soldiers suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as reported by USA Today
- Leaked audio recording from 2005 where Donald Trump claims to be able to kiss women without permission and “grab them by the pussy” as a result of his stardom, as reported by The Washington Post
- A timeline of Donald Trump’s proposed Muslim ban as compiled by Fortune.
- Donald Trump proposing to waterboard suspects “even if it doesn’t work. They deserve it”, as reported by The Guardian.
- Donald Trump’s proposal to go after the families of terrorists, as reported by CNN.
- A timeline of comments Donald Trump has made about Latinos and Mexico as compiled by The New York Daily News.
NOTE: Since the recording of this episode of Ed & Friends, the FBI have revealed that the further emails discovered on Anthony Weiner’s laptop are not pertinent to Hillary Clinton’s case and the FBI will be take no new action against Clinton, as reported by The New York Times.